I have no news, except the usual blather. Shall we enjoy some bullets?
· I’m loving our new house. We got our couch and two new chairs for the front room and they look good. But even more than the interior of the house, I love the lot/yard and the privacy and my new work commute. It’s country roads (take me home) almost the whole way (kind of) and it’s never annoying.
· We have only one tv set up in the house (I KNOW!) with no cable (I DOUBLE KNOW!) and I’m enjoying that as well. The upstairs is tv-free and the tv is down in the basement, which I’m digging, with two shovels. You really have to make the choice to go watch tv, so it’s less likely to be on noising up the background. Also – the basement is far away from our bedroom, so when the dudes want to watch a dumb movie with semi-surround sound – I can be in the bedroom and not hear a peep.
· I also enjoy our laundry room, which has a counter that’s handy for folding clothes. And a utility sink, which is handy for washing stuff and doing things like soaking my finished knitting projects.
· I’ve finished TWO knitting projects recently and it’s made me feel like my mojo returneth.
· I broke down and bought some anti-aging serum today. It’s time. I will keep you all updated as I reclaim my youth.
· I watched the whole of season two of Last Tango in Halifax. Enjoyed. Next up: the most recent season of Call the Midwife. It’s time to get my PBS on! I missed quite a bit when I was on the Job from H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEYSTICKS. That six month (?) span was spent in a fugue state, brought on by extreme stress.
I think that’s all for now.